Studies show that most people drop their New Year’s resolutions by mid-January. If you’re looking for inspiration and motivation to stick with (and crush) your goals, we’ve got you.
From moving more and eating well to taking care of yourself in 2024, keep reading for local ways to stick to common New Year’s resolutions.
💪 Fulfill your fitness goals
One of the most popular New Year’s resolution trends is to exercise more. We know that exercise has proven physical (and even emotional) benefits, but finding a routine that fits can feel overwhelming.
If you’re unsure where to start, take to the community — here are some local ways to move that can help kickstart your wellness journey:
- Flow at a local yoga studio | Our city is home to a variety of studios with styles ranging from hot yoga to gentle, slow flow classes.
- South Carolina Hiking Facebook Group: Connect with other hikers in the Upstate to chat about trails + meet up for group hikes.
- Try a unique fitness experience | These aren’t your average gyms. Switch it up with a unique fitness format, like rock climbing or kickboxing.
🥗 Eat well
If you’re feeling motivated to eat healthier in 2024, a great place to start is in your own kitchen.
Have fun building healthy eating habits by finding recipes that are nutritious and delicious, learning more about what fruits + veggies are in season, and shopping at local farmers markets + health food stores, like the coming-soon Sprouts Farmers Market.
And yes, you can eat healthy on a budget — from affordable food swaps you can make at the grocery store to finding restaurants that offer healthy meals at a healthy price.
🎨 Support your self-care resolutions
Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is just as important as taking care of your physical well-being.
In 2024, maybe that looks like finding a new hobby or joining a community group. Here are some local activities that can spark a new hobby:
- Browse local bookstores and build your “to be read” list
- Let your creativity shine during an adult art or cooking class
- Try your hand at gardening + learn how to compost
Pro tip: if you want to find other locals with similar interests to yours, try joining a like-minded community group. This list of digital groups in Greenville covers all kinds of interests (think: hiking, exploring the local food scene, things to do with pets, and more).
Here’s to proudly sticking to your resolutions in 2024, Greenville.