On the heels of the announcement of Old Europe Desserts opening a new location in Mauldin’s BridgeWay Station (Bridgeway Boulevard, Simpsonville near Bridges Road and Golden Strip Freeway), we’re taking a look at “The New Town Center,” its future tenants, and when it’s planning to open.
Having broken ground in April 2021, BridgeWay Station covers 400,000+ sqft. Here’s how it breaks down:
- 210,824 sqft of residential space
- 81,000 sqft of institutional development space
- 75,000 sqft of office space
- 69,939 sqft of retail space
- 24,691 sqft of public plaza and open air pavilion space
In addition to the square footage and 5+ acres of park space, BridgeWay Station will also feature a pedestrian bridge connecting to the Prisma Health Swamp Rabbit Trail.
The look and feel
The design of BridgeWay Station was inspired by Italian and European architecture, with structures modeled after Italian landmarks, and artifacts from Italy embedded within the brickwork of some of the buildings.
Greenville’s history has also served as inspiration, with historic structures like the Southern Depot Station tower being replicated in the open air pavilion. The original tower, built in 1905 on Washington Street, was demolished in 1988.
Old Europe Desserts joins nine food and beverage, retail, and fitness businesses on Bridgeway Station’s Main Street (and counting):
- Cohesive Coffee
- Belladina’s Italian Market
- The Junkyard
- Plum: A Lifestyle Boutique
- Yogi’s Cups and Cones
- City Market at BridgeWay Station
- BridgeWay Brewing Co.
- Poogan’s Southern Kitchen
- Restaurant Rocco
- The Plank
- A new Stella’s concept
- A new Table 301 concept
- El Guapo Mexican Restaurant
- Le Chic Nails Lounge
- The Works at BridgeWay
- Cinergy Entertainment (aiming for a later opening than the tenants above)
There are also four office and institutional organizations including:
- Dodge Bearings and Power Transmission
- GREEN Charter Upstate High School
- Jackson Marketing, Motorsports & Events
When it comes to living at BridgeWay Station, there will be two apartment buildings: Avvio and The Prossimo, leasing now.
The grand opening
Though BridgeWay Station is currently under construction, the pedestrian bridge aims to open early this year, and the station’s grand opening is planned for this spring.
Follow @bridgewaystation on Instagram for updates and new tenant announcements and visit its website to become one yourself.