There are plenty of volunteer opportunities in Greenville, so we put together this volunteer guide catered to specific interests. From foodies to those passionate about the outdoors, we’ve rounded up opportunities for everyone.
🥪 Is food your love language?
○ Donate funds, food, or your time to Loaves & Fishes to help feed the hungry.
💚 Advocates of mental illness + health awareness
○ Volunteer with or donate to NAMI to fight the stigma against mental illness.
💙 If you want to be there for abuse victims
○ The Julie Valentine Center is always looking for volunteers + donors, plus help completing their wishlist. You can also purchase a piece of jewelry created by llyn strong fine art jewelry to support the center.
○ You can volunteer your time or resources at Pendleton Place to help create safe, stable homes for local children and families.
🏠 If you want to stay in your home
○ The American Red Cross is looking for disaster relief donations for safe shelter, hot meals, care, and comfort for people who have lost everything to a disaster. You can also take online health + safety training courses (like CPR) here.
😷 If you’re interested in healthcare
○ With increased hospitalizations and medical procedures, there is currently a blood shortage. Make an appointment with The Blood Connection or the American Red Cross to donate blood and help save a life.
🐶 Animal lovers
○ Do you have a passion for animals? Become a volunteer with Greenville County Animal Care + help build a positive experience for animals seeking homes.
○ If you prefer your critters a little on the wild side, consider getting involved with Wildlife Rehab of Greenville. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
🌳 The outdoorsy types
🇺🇸 Supporting veterans today + everyday
○ The Palmetto State Chapter of Folds of Honor works to provide educational support to spouses + children of America’s fallen and disabled service members. Learn more about their mission and donate here.
🍎 Natural-born teachers + mentors
○ Become a mentor with Mentor Upstate and help local children by cultivating positive, real one-on-one relationships.
○ Sign up to coach a team or volunteer with Girls on the Run Upstate SC.
○ Empower students to reach their full potential through Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Upstate.
🔨 The handymen + women
Don’t see anything that fits your interests? Check out VolunteerMatch – a resource that helps you find local volunteer opportunities suited to your preferences.