If you follow us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter (and if you don’t, you should), we recently shared some gorgeous views of Greenville’s skyline + the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains from Juniper. Now, we’re excited to share with you more of what’s coming inside (Or really outside? Or maybe al fresco is the better term?) at the urban, rooftop gin bar.
Video rendering of Juniper | Courtesy of Auro Hotels
First things first – being a gin bar, Juniper is named for the juniper berries that are “the primary botanical used in gin [and]…the predominant flavour in anything seeking to be classified as gin.” Not to worry, even though there will be gin trolley circulating the rooftop to provide guests with bespoke concoctions, there’s plenty on the menu for those of you that don’t consider yourself gin drinkers.
Juniper will be one of seven food + beverage outlets at the new AC Hotel Greenville by Marriott going in at the Camperdown Development. Opening early 2021, the 16,000 sq. ft. space (roughly the size of 3.5 pro basketball courts) will be open year round with different “zones” to accommodate every season, event, and party size.
Now about those “zones” we mentioned. Here’s the lowdown –
Food Truck Area 🍕
○ Fire Box Pizza (With a pizza oven coming all the way from Italy, this concept, modeled after a food truck, will likely stay open into the wee hours for yummy bites.)
○ Six fire pits with soft seating
○ Equinox roof system (Think of this like blinds for the roof that can be opened and closed when needed.)
Secret Cocktail Garden 🌤️
○ Fully open-air with astroturf
○ Exclusive area with its own bar
○ Views of Main Street, The Peace Center, and the Eugenia Duke bridge over the Reedy River
Jasmine Hall 🍷
○ Private event space
○ 1,900 sq. ft. with a built-in bar
○ Ceilings will have a mural or be covered in wallpaper, tile floors with a wooden look + plenty of natural light
We can’t wait to get back to Juniper when it opens, and hope y’all will check it out for yourselves to explore even more of their amazing concept that we didn’t have the space to cover (like the Greenhouse, Gin Room, and expo kitchen).
Click here to see a full video rendering of the space from the express elevator entry to the Greenhouse to the food truck area with Fire Box Pizza.