If the idea of sharing a roof with all of your relatives for a solid week is making you feel more stuffed than a Thanksgiving turkey, VisitGreenvilleSC recommends starting a new tradition: book a hotel stay for the holidays. 🛎️
Reserve the feeling of having too much on your plate for the dinner table, and give yourself the space you need by booking a room for your relatives (or yourself – hello, staycation). Most hotels across Greenville are offering great rates (some at less than $80 a night) and, unlike your houseguests, those hotels have a checkout time – so you can enjoy that second helping of your great aunt’s famous warm pecan pie without around-the-clock servings of her fiery hot political takes. (Need a different excuse? Blame it on social distancing.)
For a luxury stay with pre- or post-Thanksgiving dinner self-care:
- The Westin Poinsett, 120 South Main St.
- Average Thanksgiving week rate: $150/night
- Details: This AAA Four Diamond hotel is located inside a renovated 1920s building in the heart of downtown GVL. Sleeping in a luxury suite instead of your childhood bedroom? Yes, please.
- Perks: Book a pre-dinner massage at the spa next door, then work off all those carbs with a post-dinner gym sesh in the hotel’s Peloton-equipped fitness center.
Take a victory lap around the dinner table and another in a heated indoor pool:
- Crowne Plaza Greenville, 851 Congaree Rd.
- Average Thanksgiving week rate: $68.98/night
- Details: At just under $70 per night for an average stay over the Thanksgiving holiday, you can’t beat the price of the Crowne Plaza. It’s close to both I-385 and I-85, providing convenient access to get you wherever you’re going.
- Perks: There’s a heated indoor pool open all day (currently by appointment only).
A sleek stay perfect for the savvy traveler:
- Aloft Greenville Downtown, 5 N. Laurens St.
- Average Thanksgiving week rate: $116/night
- Details: Aloft offers swanky design and city views that’ll make your hipster cousin visiting from Brooklyn say, “yeah, THAT Greenville.”
- Perks: Part of the mixed-use hub ONE Greenville, Aloft neighbors several shops perfect for picking up a last-minute gift for your hosts.
A sweet suite for the whole family:
- Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown, 50 W Broad St.
- Average Thanksgiving week rate: $96/night
- Details: The Courtyard by Marriott is super close to all the downtown GVL festivities, including United Community Bank Ice on Main, the family-friendly ice skating rink open daily through Jan. 21. Pro tip: Be sure to order a hot chocolate while you’re there.
- Perks: This option has chic but roomy suites for the whole family, plus an in-house restaurant: Rick Erwin’s Nantucket Seafood.
For a budget-conscious downtown stay:
- Hyatt Regency Greenville, 220 N. Main St.
- Average Thanksgiving week rate: $92.66/night
- Details: Stay right on NOMA square, GVL’s largest downtown plaza, for less than $100 a night (!).
- Perks: If you’ve got some extra time for exploring, spend an afternoon at the Greenville County Museum of Art or the Upcountry Museum – both are about a half-mile walk from the hotel.
Enjoy a new kind of birdie this Thanksgiving:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center, 670 Verdae Blvd.
- Average Thanksgiving week rate: $99/night
- Details: Still riding that high from the Masters Tournament? Here’s where you’ll want to book your stay. Channel your inner Dustin Johnson at the Preserve at Verdae, a championship golf course located right next to the resort.
- Perks: There’s an on-site restaurant with an outdoor bar and a pretty sweet fire pit in case you want to keep the party going if you’re craving a little Wild Turkey after that fried turkey dinner. Ⓟ