Plans for the expansion include:
- Re-purposing the existing tennis courts into multi-use courts for tennis, pickleball, basketball, volleyball, and small-sided soccer
- Enhancing the outdoor sports fields + track
- Creating an outdoor pavilion complete with new restrooms
- Updating the multi-use gymnasium
- Installing a retractable enclosure system over the outdoor pool
YMCA of Greenville’s senior vice president and chief philanthropy officer Diana Watson says the retractable enclosure system will be complete by the end of the year.
These improvements will help eliminate wailists for children in youth sports programs, provide adaptive sports spaces for adults + children with diverse abilities, and better serve families in after-school and summer camp programs.
In order to fully fund the project, the YMCA of Greenville launched a “Building a Brighter Tomorrow” campaign that has already raised $3.15 million. As money is raised, the Y will move on to the next portion of the project.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: It’s fun to stay at the YMCA.