United Community Bank Ice on Main is returning for the 2023-2024 season on Wednesday, Nov. 15. Before you hit the ice to show off your triple axel, here’s what you need to know:
Dates of operation
- Wednesday, Nov. 15-Monday, Jan. 15
- See the hours
- Don’t miss the opening ceremony featuring special performances at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 15, followed by the rink’s official public opening at 4:30 p.m.
- Village Green, in front of the Courtyard Marriott + adjacent to City Hall (206 S. Main St.)
- $10 for adults, $8 for kids ages 3-12, free for kids 2 and under (includes skate rentals)
- Skate for $5 every Tuesday, courtesy of United Community Bank.
- Pro tip: Buy your tickets online to guarantee your time slot. There are limited walk-up tickets available.
Food and drinks
Rink-side tables will serve the full Indaco menu, plus festive family-friendly specials like hot cocoa with toasted marshmallow syrup + hot apple cider, or sip on the boozy versions: “Ya Filthy Animal” (Rumchata Peppermint, hot chocolate, toasted marshmallow syrup, peppermint) + “Apple Doesn’t Fall Far” (Evan Williams Apple Bourbon, fresh cider, cinnamon). Plus, it isn’t the holidays without sweet treats. Cookies will be available to order “to-go” at Indaco’s outside bar.
A classic Japanese Christmas Cake will be on the menu with a whipped cream filling, frosting on the outside, and topped with fresh strawberries. Sip on the “Toasted Rice Toddy” made with toasted rice milk steeped in cinnamon sticks.