Happy Pride Week, GVL. Upstate Pride SC is celebrating its annual Pride Week now through Sun., Nov. 6.
Here’s a lineup of events across the Upstate all week long:
Today, Nov. 1
- Movie Night | Tues., Nov. 1 | 7 p.m. | Birds Fly South Ale Project, 1320 Hampton Ave. | Free | Watch “Hocus Pocus” in the Biergarten with a local brew in hand.
Wed., Nov. 2
- Pride Book Club | Tues., Nov. 2 | 6:30 p.m. | M. Judson Booksellers, 130 S. Main St. + Hub City Bookshop and Press, 186 W. Main St., Spartanburg | Free | Join a discussion about the book “Detransition, Baby” by Torrey Peters.
Thurs., Nov. 3
- Queer Night | Thurs., Nov. 3 | 6-8 p.m. | Modal, 813 Augusta St. |Free | Grab a bite from a local food truck and sip on beer, wine, or coffee.
- DT’s Takeover | Thurs., Nov. 3 | 9 p.m. | DT’s Tavern, 100 E. North St. | Free | Support a local “safe space” with a night out with Upstate Pride.
Fri., Nov. 4
- Pride Drag Show | Fri., Nov. 4 | 8:30 p.m. | Ciclops Cyderi & Brewery, 97 E. St. John St., Spartanburg | Free | Erica Chanel hosts this drag show to kick off Pride Weekend in the Upstate.
Sat., Nov. 5
- Upstate Pride March and Festival | Sat., Nov. 5 | 11 a.m. march + 12 p.m. festival | Barnet Park, 248 E. St. John St., Spartanburg | Free | Celebrate Pride at this family-friendly event with live performances, speakers, vendors, food, and music.
Sun., Nov. 6
- Recharge Yoga | Sun., Nov. 6 | 10:30 a.m. | Shine Om Yoga, 556 Perry Ave., Ste. B101 + Yogalicious, 183 Dunbar St., Spartanburg | Free | After a busy week, reset with some meditation.