Greenville is giving us something to taco ‘bout. In honor of National Taco Day, which just so happens to fall on Taco Tuesday, Oct. 4, this year, VisitGreenvilleSC is launching the Taco Trail.
The challenge: Stop by 12 Upstate taco joints, eat the featured taco + get the secret codeword.The reward: Good vibes, a full stomach + exclusive swag:
🌮 4 stops | Get a Taco Trail sticker
🌮 8 stops | Sip from your Taco Trail tumbler
🌮 12 stops | Proudly sport your Taco Trail hat
We accepted the challenge to give you a preview. Are you up to the task?
Pro tip: Bookmark this page to keep our interactive map handy when you embark on your journey.
- Papi’s Tacos, 300 River St., Ste. 123 | Refried beans + cactus taco
- Willy Taco, 217 Laurens Rd. | Crispy avocado taco
- White Duck Taco Shop, 1320 Hampton Ave., Ste. #12B | Bangkok shrimp taco
- Farmhouse Tacos, 164 S. Main St., Travelers Rest | Buttermilk Fried Chicken Taco
- Asada, 903 Wade Hampton Blvd. | Tacos de camarones + mole
- Cantina 76, 103 N. Main St., Ste. #101 | Peruvian shrimp taco
- Automatic Taco, The Commons, 147 Welborn St. | Nashville hot chicken taco
- Comal 864, 1112 Woodside Ave. | Birria quesitacos
- Home Team BBQ, 815 Laurens Rd. | Chopped brisket taco
- Califas, 30 Orchard Park Dr., Unit 4 | Birria taco
- Saltwater Kitchen, 700 Haywood Rd., Ste. 1001A | Crispy fish taco
- Garcia’s Cuisine, 1003 N. Old Laurens Rd., Fountain Inn | Taco Loco
Once you eat all the tacos + crack all the codes, bring your completed passport to the Visitor’s Center (206 S. Main St.) to claim your prizes. Taco fans who try all 12 and hand in their passport by April 15, 2023 will be entered to win the grand prize — two VIP tickets to the Tacos ‘n Tequila festival, date TBA.