Break out your picnic baskets. The perfect day in Paris Mountain State Park now ends with Music in the Woods. Friends of Paris Mountain’s solar-powered concert series is back, with free local music. 🪕
When and where
From September through October, concerts will be held every Saturday from 2-4 p.m in the park’s amphitheater. Park in the main parking lot, head towards the Park Center building, and follow signs to the amphitheater.
Regular park admission fees get you a free ticket to enjoy the live music. Expect to pay $6 for adults and $3.50 for children ages 6-15.
Donations are welcomed, but not required.
What to bring (and what not to bring)
Pack a picnic and bring your cooler. If your pup is coming too, be sure they’re on a leash. Leave the smoking + alcohol at home.
Who you’ll see
- The Foreign Landers | Sat., Sept. 3 | Join this duo for bluegrass + traditional folk music.
- Nikki Talley | Sat., Sept. 10 | Get ready to rock out to a mountain clawhammer banjo.
- Vilai Harrington | Sat., Sept. 17 | Hear soulful Americana with a country twang.
- Dave Desmelik | Sat., Sept. 24 | Come listen to this singer and songwriter based in North Carolina.
- The Rough & Tumble | Sat., Oct. 1 | Hear dumpsterfolk Americana from this duo.
- The Well Drinkers | Sat., Oct. 8 | Enjoy bluegrass from a band based in Western North Carolina.
- G’ville Symphony Ensemble | Sat., Oct. 15 | A small ensemble from the GSO makes their Music in the Woods debut.
- Morning News Music | Sat., Oct. 22 | This surf rock band offers cutting edge reporting and groundbreaking recordings.
- Darby Wilcox | Sat., Oct. 29 | Join this singer and songwriter for acoustic tunes.
Follow Music in the Woods’ Facebook page for event updates and information.