Let’s talk indoor plants, GVL. DYK indoor plants are more than just aesthetically pleasing home accents? They are said to improve air quality, reduce stress, support sharper focus, and more.
So, where can you stock up on indoor plants locally?
🪴Indoor Plant Shops
- Savereign, 1256 Pendleton St., Ste. B | Wed.-Sat., 11 a.m.-6 p.m. + Sun., 12-4 p.m. | As you bop around the Village of West Greenville, drop into Savereign and take your pick of tabletop or hanging plants of every type + size.
- Sun and Soil Plant Parlor, 512 Augusta St., Ste. A | Tues.,-Sat., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | In addition to its extensive stock of plants, this plant parlor offers classes and hosts events.
- Plant Stella, 700 Haywood Rd., Ste. #K13 + 651 S. Main St., Ste. #B | Hours vary | Take your pick of plants, planters, and decor items in both of Plant Stella’s locations.
- Urban Digs | 215 Wade Hampton Blvd. | Mon.-Sat., 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Swing through this shop for an array of plants, art, gifts, and more — — reader Erin H. says this shop “is a staple for all of us in the North Main and beyond area.”
- Botanical Brew, 109 Spartanburg Hwy., Lyman | Tues.-Fri., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. + Sat., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Sip on a Harvest Moon Macchiato as you pick out the perfect Monstera.
- Bonus: Roots on Augusta’s move to its new location (2235 Augusta St.) + rebranding to The Nested Fig Garden is underway, but you can shop live plants online at its home + garden boutique, The Nested Fig. Stay tuned for future updates on an opening date.
- South Pleasantburg Nursery, 1135 S. Pleasantburg Dr. | Mon.-Sat., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. | After scouting the grounds of this multi-acre nursery, step inside to pick up an indoor plant + pot.
- Green Thumb Bonsai, 107 Clemson Ave. | Call or email to schedule an appointment | This home garden center has been in the bonsai business for 20+ years and offers both indoor + outdoor species.
- Martin Garden Center, 198 Martin Rd. | Mon.-Sat., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Visit one of the Upstate’s largest indoor greenhouses for a selection of indoor plants + tiny plants perfect for terrariums.
- Country Boys, 1949 Woodruff Rd. + 2917 Wade Hampton Blvd. | Mon.-Sat., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. + Sun., 12-6 p.m. | Pop into either of Country Boys’ locations for your indoor plant fix + mark your calendar for its Christmas Market.
- Expressions Unlimited, 921 Poinsett Hwy. + multiple locations | Hours vary | Take your pick of indoor plants — both flowering and green — succulents, window boxes, and more.
- Lichtenfelts, 947 Anderson Ridge Rd., Greer | Mon.-Sat., 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. | The Upstate’s largest garden center has a selection of house plants, like Philodendrons + Fiddle Leaf Figs, in-store and online.
- Staggs Garden Center | 3010 Locust Hill Rd. | Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. + Sat., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. | Stop into Staggs’ new dedicated greenhouses for indoor plants — reader Amy C says, “They are fabulous!”
Have a favorite spot for snagging snake plants, succulents + string of pearls around the Upstate? Plant it on us. 🌱