Today will be windy and rainy as Ian makes a second landfall along the SC coast. Here in the Upstate, meteorologists are calling for 30-40 mph wind gusts + on-and-off rain. As Ian moves north, scattered showers will continue through the weekend.
A number of events + venues have made changes due to the weather:
- NOMA Square Oktoberfest | Rescheduled for Fri., Oct. 7 + Sat., Oct. 8
- Walk to End Alzheimers | Rescheduled for Sun., Oct. 16
- Greer Arts + Eats Festival | Postponed with new dates to be announced
- Simpsonville Oktoberfest | Canceled
- Friday Starry Nights | Canceled
- Conestee Nature Preserve | Closed until further notice
How can you prepare?
- Check out SC’s Hurricane Guide.
- Make sure your devices + back up batteries are charged in the event of a power outage.
- Have your emergency kit packed and ready.
- Keep an eye on local weather sources for the latest information.