It holds a view of the Reedy Falls like you’ve never seen before. The Grand Bohemian Lodge Greenville, opening Thurs., Aug. 25, boasts a magnificent yet cozy vibe with no shortage of spaces to explore.
As we get closer to the grand opening, we’re learning new details about the lodge’s offerings, including what we’re most excited about: The restaurant, bar + lounge.
Food + beverage concepts
Executive Chef Nicolas “Nico” Abello, a Michelin-starred chef, is overseeing the Grand Bohemian Lodge’s three food and beverage concepts:
- Between the Trees, an approachable, sit-down restaurant
- Spirit & Bower, a bourbon bar and lounge
- The lobby bar, inspired by bubbles and caviar
Between the Trees
- The vibe
Named for its location overlooking Falls Park, the Grand Bohemian Lodge’s signature restaurant fosters a warm and inviting atmosphere, featuring an immersive indoor dining experience with an open kitchen + views of the falls like you’ve never seen before, if you choose to dine al fresco.
- The food
The menu highlights the Upstate, with local produce and fish, beef and game, regionally sourced cheeses + desserts prepared by an in-house pastry chef.
- The drinks
Let a wine steward guide you through the restaurant’s wine list, or see the vast selection by dining in the 1,000-bottle wine room. If a craft cocktail is more your style, grab your beverage from the full bar.
Spirit & Bower
- The vibe
Whether you’re looking to dine on small plates (keep reading) in the cozy lodge or prefer to leisurely lounge with a cold drink by a warm fire outside, Spirit & Bower will feature a variety of seating overlooking the Liberty Bridge. Did we mention it’s also open during the day? Pop in for an afternoon cocktail while strolling through the park or for a nightcap after an evening downtown.
- The food
Come for the views, stay for the small plates. The regionally-inspired, sharable offerings are perfect for snacking over conversation and a cocktail.
- The drinks
If you’re a bourbon and whiskey lover, Spirit & Bower’s curated collection promises a rare variety. If you’re interested in a different spirit, expertly crafted cocktails and seasonal offerings are also on the menu.
What you can’t miss
In June 2022, we spent some time with Kessler executives and hotel leadership to bring you some of their favorite spots.
Mark Kessler | President + COO, Kessler Collection Design And Development
- Mark’s pick: Just steps outside the Grand Bohemian’s Bourbon Bar you’ll find Mark’s favorite spot, featuring a fire pit + outdoor fireplace, making it the perfect year-round place for a drink on the rocks — literally. The space invites Falls Park visitors to step in from their stroll across the Liberty Bridge for small plates and cocktails, with 100+ varieties of bourbon and spirits.
Pro tip: follow the narrow path from the patio down to the river to what Mark calls “The Point” for a new view of the falls.
Diana Kessler | Creative Director, Kessler Design Studio
- Her pick: From taking in the stone, wood accents + lighting in the lobby to enjoying the sound of the falls from the balcony of your room, which Diana says never sound the same twice, she loves how the Grand Bohemian embraces the nature of the property. The attention to details in the design is Diana’s specialty.
Ron Nagy | General Manager
- His pick: Between the restaurant and the library, sits a private dining room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the falls. The best part? The windows are accordion doors, giving the option to open the room to the outside. Once the table and chairs arrive, it will comfortably seat 14
Halee Senecal | Director of Sales
- Her pick: As you approach the private dining room from the restaurant, you’ll find a wine wall, waiting patiently to be stocked. Halee can’t wait for the racks to boast 800 bottles of wine.
Danielle + Kyle | Your city editors
- Kyle’s pick: We had to pick our jaws off the floor when we saw the wood beams supporting the open kitchen at the Grand Bohemian’s restaurant. Mark describes the new eatery as approachable + open seven days a week. The outdoor dining space is sure to be one of the most romantic date night spots in GVL with, you guessed it, yet another breathtaking view of the falls.
- Danielle’s pick: The Liberty Loft suite features an antler chandelier, a stone fireplace + stairs leading to a loft overlooking The Liberty Bridge. In Danielle’s opinion: this was the best of the best views + it took our breath away.
- The porch | Sit and enjoy the view from an Adirondack Chair
- The lobby bar | Think: bubbles (champagne + prosecco), caviar, cheese + desserts
- The art gallery | Located next to the lobby + open to the public, you’ll find art and Native American artifacts from CEO and Founder Richard Kessler’s collection. Plus, an art director will soon curate local art to display.
- The library | Peep the beautiful built-ins that will soon be filled with 3,000 curated books
- The ballroom | A unique space for weddings to corporate events
- The spa | Check out the custom mosaic mural that ties into each treatment room
- A guest room | There’s a variety of rooms with a variety of views + in the words of Mark, “You have to stay here 100 times before you find your favorite room.”
- The event lawn | A public space (think: an extension of Falls Park) that can be reserved through the city for nonprofit events + the Lodge for private and corporate events
More to explore
Check out even more pictures from our hard hat tour.
An early look
In July 2021, we took another hard hat tour to get an early peek at the progress.