We know how important Whataburger updates are to you, and today we have a pretty big one. We now know where and when eight planned Upstate Whataburger locations will open:
- 1466 Woodruff Rd., Greenville
- 308 W. Butler Dr., Mauldin
- 1941 E. Main St., Spartanburg
- 2900 Main St., Anderson
- Boiling Springs + Double Bridge Rd., Boiling Springs
- 1510 WO Ezell Blvd., Spartanburg
- 1537 E. Main St., Duncan
- 5648 Calhoun Memorial Parkway, Easley
Notably absent from this list is the proposed location we told you about on Laurens Road (across from Chick-fil-A), which was denied a special exception permit to operate 24/7.
The Post and Courier Greenville spoke with Whataburger’s President and CEO Ed Nelson, who went to Hillcrest High School and graduated from Clemson University before joining Whataburger in 2004.
“It’s taken a minute; 19 years being with Whataburger now, but I get the honor of bringing Whataburger to the Carolinas,” Nelson told the Post and Courier Greenville.