Okay, ladies now let’s get in formation.
Valentine’s + Galentine’s Day are very Americanized holidays — however other countries have days dedicated to love, too. Finland celebrates Ystavanpaiva, a day for both friends + lovers, and China recognizes Singles’ Day in November to celebrate self-love. In Wales, they celebrate San Dwynwen on Jan. 25. During this holiday, lovers exchange handcrafted wooden spoons. In the Philippines, so many couples wish to get married on Valentine’s Day that it has become popular to participate in a mass wedding.
Galentine’s should be a national holiday | via GIPHY
Whether you meet in person or gather the gals virtually there is plenty happening in Greenville. Here are some local suggestions to celebrate the best day for your besties.
🎨 For the artistas
○ Learn the basics of wool fiber art in this Intro to Needle Felting class and take home colorful dryer balls + a 3D plant.
☕ For the best-teas
🥂 For the cup clinkers
○ There’s nothing to *wine* about in this Wine Blending class with Larkin’s on Wed., Feb. 11 from 6-8 p.m. The creators of the best blend will even win a special prize.
🛍️ For the shopaholics
👩🍳 For the kitchen queens (in training)
○ Meet the cooks in the kitchen at The Cook’s Station on Fri., Feb. 12 at 5:30 p.m. and prepare a meal with your bestie. Lobster salad, London Broil, mashed cauliflower, creamy greens, and lava cake are on the menu.
○ Or cook along from the comfort of your own home on Sun., Feb. 14 with Table 301 Chef Rodney Freidank. Enjoy Soby’s She-Crab soup, steak au poivre, and molten chocolate cakes.
👩👧 For the role models
🍪 For the sweetest sisters
○ Look no further for the perfect gift for your Galentine than M. Judson’s Valentines Schmalentine package, which includes a book, a bottle of rosé, and half a dozen deep dark chocolate cookies from Camilla Kitchen (which editor Ana can confirm is half a dozen too few).
🧀 For the cheesy ladies
○ Don your favorite sweatsuit and get a charcuterie board delivered straight to your couch from @chadc_uterie.
🎬 For the movie mamas
○ Don your favorite 80s attire and head over to Greer this Saturday for Dinner and a Dirty Movie (Dirty Dancing, y’all. What were you thinking?). Also included – a three course dinner and champagne.
🌳 For the adventure seekers
○ Finally, if you’re feeling the urge to get out of town, head up the road to Asheville on Saturday for the Cupid is Stupid Car Smashing event at Hi-Wire Brewing. Looking for a place to stay? Check out our guide to some adorable Airbnbs in the area.