The first Friday of October is National Manufacturing Day, which celebrates manufacturing businesses + employees.
When it comes to manufacturing, Greenville + the state of SC are no strangers, with the state’s manufacturing industry — 4,234 companies and counting — having a $206 billion economic impact in SC each year. In Greenville County alone, there are 1,000+ manufacturing companies with a combined ~30,500 employees.
Let’s look at the largest manufacturing employers in Greenville County:
- Michelin North America: 5,001-10,000 employees | Greenville + multiple locations | Headquarters, radial tires, and research + development
- GE Power: 1,001-2,500 employees | Greenville | Gas turbines
- Sealed Air Corp., Cryovac Division: 1,001-2,500 employees | Simpsonville | Plastic film and bags
- Magna: 1,001-2,500 employees | Multiple locations | Motor vehicle bodies + parts
- AVX: 501-1,000 | Fountain Inn | Capacitors
Beyond Greenville, Upstate manufacturers like BMW Manufacturing (Spartanburg County) have more than 5,000 employees.
See seven more of Greenville’s largest manufacturing employers + the largest in the Upstate.