Greenville Tech Foundation’s Workforce Development Salute returns Tues., Nov. 2, 5:30-8 p.m., at the Truist Culinary and Hospitality Innovation Center (CHI). This annual fundraising event highlights community businesses, individuals + partners for their significant support of the workforce development and education efforts of Greenville Technical College.
Proceeds from the fundraising event provide unrestricted funds, supporting recent efforts like:
- Assisting students during COVID with unexpected financial emergencies or unpaid tuition balances, getting students the technology + access needed to take online or hybrid classes
- Support for the African American Male Scholars Initiative (AAMSI)
- Supplying equipment that enables students to gain hands-on experience they need to be successful in the workforce
- Financial assistance to help students near graduation cross the finish line
This year, Greenville Tech Foundation honors Fluor, Trehel Corporation + Truist Foundation for their support in building an educated workforce. Proceeds from the event provide unrestricted funds that allow the Foundation to address areas of greatest need to help transform lives through education.
Greenville Technical College also extends a thank you to their sponsors whose generous donations make the annual fundraiser possible, including the following:
- The 2021 Workforce Development Salute is presented by Harper General Contractors, McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture and Upstate Business Journal/Greenville Journal
- Gold Level Sponsor: Trehel Corporation
- Silver Level Sponsors: AFL, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, BMW Manufacturing, Duke Energy, Fluor, Greenville Technical College, Greenville Water, Master Power Transmission, Piedmont Natural Gas, Pinnacle Financial Partners, Rodgers, and Truist Bank
Did you know? 85% of Greenville Technical College graduates stay in the Upstate — meaning donor support has a direct impact on the local workforce and economy. Ⓟ