It’s that time of year — Artisphere is almost here. The free, 19th annual Artisphere presented by TD Bank is happening in downtown Greenville on Mother’s Day weekend (May 12-14).
This year, 143 visual artists (the most to date) representing 17 different mediums head to GE Artist Row, chosen from 946 applicants. The fest will also feature a variety of live music, theatre, and dance performances.
If you’re looking forward to this artistic celebration like we are, here’s what to know before you go:
- Friday, May 12: 12-8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 14: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where to park:
Main St. at River and Markley and other access point streets will shut down beginning at 4 a.m. on Thursday morning prior to the festival.
Guests can park in downtown garages or at County Square (301 University Ridge) throughout the weekend — it’s just a short walk to the festival. For more parking details, check out the City’s Interactive Parking Map.
What to leave home:
- Four-legged friends (but service animals are allowed) per the city’s ordinances
- Lawn chairs, blankets and coolers
- Roller skates, skateboards, bikes, and personal transportation
What to bring:
- Creativity to participate in hands-on exhibits and demos
- Your appetite to enjoy sips and bites from some of your favorite local restaurants
- An umbrella or rain coat just in case (this event is rain or shine)
What are you most looking forward to? Tell us your favorite part.*