There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Savereign, 1256 Pendleton St., Ste. B
- The Nested Fig Garden, 2235 Augusta St., Greenville
Take a look at this roundup of where to buy indoor plants.
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. These spots have weekday happy hours:
- Coral | S. Main Street | Tue.-Sat. | 4-6 p.m. | $7 select specialty cocktails, $6 house wine, $5 house liquor, $4 draft Stella beer
- Wine House | Haywood Road | Tues.-Fri. | 4-7 p.m. | $2 off wines by the glass
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing and sunset spotting
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- Friday Starry Nights at Roper Mountain Science Center | 402 Roper Mountain Rd., Greenville | Hours vary
- Sassafras Mountain Observation Tower | 1391 F. Van Clayton Memorial Hwy., | 6:30 a.m.-one hour after sunset
- Bald Rock Heritage Preserve | 6600 Geer Hwy., Cleveland | 6:15 a.m.-sunset